First off, I'm going to start by saying that this year, 2008, was by far the *best* year of my entire life. I know many people have posted that they hate 2008 or that it was a crappy year for them... but ~finally~ I've had "my year." After so many emotional years of the times with others.... I have finally passed it. And with saying that: bring on the review!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
January started off a busy time of wedding planning and future planning. I went on a "Girls Weekend" with Megan and had a great pre-wedding relaxation time.

Also, I started my new (old) job at the animal hospital. I had been trying to get back there for a year and my old job finally opened up and my boss called me. I was very excited to get back into a familiar routine.

__
February brought more wedding planning and the start of Premarital Counseling. We did that for 6 weeks and learned a lot about how to communicate better and plan for our future.
__
March brought us our new apartment! I moved in March 1st and finally had a place of my own to decorate and take care of. It was weird to live alone but nice to know that we were setting up our home.

It also brought an AWESOME Matchbox Twenty concert at the HP Pavilion... *and* the wonderful addition to our family "Evie" that we adopted from the Humane Society (w00t for not contributing to puppy mills!)

Also- the very end brought my awesome bridal shower put on by my bridesmaides. It was amazing and I'm forever thankful!


__
April brought: My Bachelorette Party!! So much fun!! Ranya, Megan, Melissa & I headed out for a weekend in Disneyland! It was such a blast!!! It also included more wedding plans...

__
May carried *CRAZINESS* as the wedding plans wrapped up, my lingerie shower came about, and Robby got married!!

In all the craze- we also hit up San Jose States graduation for Justin! He got his BA in Computer Science.

__
June: Best mont of my life. My old roommate flew in from Michigan to come see me and help me get ready for the wedding.

Everything went nuts and then: The wedding. The single best day of my life. It was magical and just flew by.

From there, we went to Walt Disney World AND the Disney Cruise to the Bahamas. We missed most of WDW since I got sick... but the cruise was amazing! And we got to have dinner with the Cole family in Florida- I LOVE spending time with them!

__
July was a hard month. After being married almost exatly a month, Justin's company shut down and he lost his job. That was crazy stressful- especially as newlyweds who were barely scraping by. After a few interviews... and a few weeks (since computer companies conduct multiple interviews before they hire you), he got a new job. Thankfully- he started the job the day his severence ended!! God was definately watching out for us!
__
August brought a new member of our family who, sadly, I never got a picture of before he passed away. His name was Barnabus Fitzgerald Bellomi and he was a crowntale betta fish. It also brought a couple tennis games with my brother. And... yet another wonderful wedding between Jonn & Heather.
__
September? Busy month! We went to Disneyland with Jamison, that was a lot of fun- we brought Evie with us.

That also brough the awesome baby shower for Justin and Ranya Adkinson! That was so great to see them and just keeps me wanting a baby! Speaking of babies! It was in this month- we found out my sister-in-law was also pregnant!!! She is due April 30th!

__
October was mostly uneventful: Just settling in to married life. In this month, we downsized our bills and went from two cars to one. Since Justin takes public transportation to work (since the lightrail is about 2 blocks away), he never used his car so we traded them both in for a 2009 Nissan Versa. This month also held my closest friend at work getting wrongfully fired... which started my downward spiral of my love of my job.
__
November was my birthday month! We celebrated alone at La Fondue- just the two of us, and on my actual birthday weekend, my family went up to San Francisco all together- to see Phantom of the Opera. (this pic is from a different trip-- same restaurant)

__
December: So, that brings us to this month... We're three weeks in and Christmas is upon us. This month has been filled with Christmas parties and preparing for the holiday. It also brought upon the death of Justin's grandfather. And Two weeks after that, yet another wedding for Kristi & Ryan. Unfortunately, we were not able to make that due to the storms in Oregon. We stayed home and it's probably best that we did. Flights are being cancelled like crazy. My brother/sis-in-law were supposed to be home tonight but now can't get out until Tuesday!

________________________________
So, that wraps up my 2008 review.
Things to look forward to in 2009?
- My neice being born!
- Disneyland vacation in February (staying at the Grand Californian- complete with spa treatments!)
- Enjoying more movie nights and dinners with my husband
- Watching my brother become a daddy
- Tim & Kelly's wedding!!
I'm SURE there are more.... but I think this blog is long enough! :)
So, we're going to end this by saying Merry Christmas everyone!!! May you have a wonderful and safe holiday with the ones you love!

No comments:
Post a Comment